Family Dollar was founded in 1959 by Leon Levine, a 21-year-old entrepreneur. In November of that year, the company’s first store was opened, in Charlotte, North Carolina. Family Dollar has come a long way since the ’50’s! He created a general floor plan that he used in each of his stores that allowed customers to easily shop for their favorite products in any Family Dollar store. With the stores uniformly laid out and stocked, store managers were able to focus on providing good customer service. This concept for a self-serve, cash-and-carry neighborhood discount store in low to middle income neighborhoods proved so successful that today Family Dollar is a chain with over 7,600 stores from Maine to California.
Since the beginning, they have been guided by one mission. To be a compelling place to work, shop, and invest. Family Dollar strives to provided their customers with value and convenience.
Family Dollar Stores offer many ways to save! They take manufacturer coupons, plus they have some great in store coupons to use along with the manufacturer to maximize your savings. The newest addition is called Text. Save. Simple. Simple find any store coupons you would like to use, text the coupon code the the number they provide, you then receive a text back with the coupon to show your cashier and save! No printing! Save that ink!
Valuing their employees, Family Dollar created Family Hope, a Team Member Foundation. This foundation provides help to any team members who suffer loss due to a natural disaster. Family Hope was established after the devastating hurricane season of 2005 where many team members lost homes and all of their belongings.
Family Dollar prides itself on giving back to the communities we serve! Not only by offering quality merchandise at low prices, but also by supporting the non-profit organizations that seek to improve the quality of life of our customers and Team Members.
Family Dollar Policy For Coupon Acceptance
Family Dollar Stores ACCEPTS Manufacturer and Family Dollar issued coupons including:
- Printed coupons
- Internet coupons
- Mobile coupons
Family Dollar Stores ACCEPTS Manufacturer and Family Dollar issued coupons that meet these requirements:
- Only ONE Manufacturer coupon and ONE Family Dollar coupon can be used per ITEM in a
- Duplicate coupons in one transaction are accepted as long as there is an item purchased for each coupon.
- All Family Dollar coupons must have a scannable barcode or valid promotion code.
- Printed coupons must be original (no photocopies) and have a printed expiration date.
- Internet coupons may either be in black and white or color and must be legible and read “Family Dollar” or “Manufacturer Coupon”.
- Mobile coupons must have a valid promotion code.
- Coupons can be redeemed only for items that are described on the coupon. The copy on the coupon dictates which items are to be included in the offer, not the image of what is shown on the coupon.
- Coupons can be redeemed if the value of the coupon is greater than the price of the item. In this case, the value of the coupon will be discounted to match the price of the item.
- Buy one, get one free coupons are only accepted if the exact same 2 products are the “buy” and the “free”.
- Family Dollar $5 off $25 coupon is accepted as long as the net purchase, AFTER all other offers, coupons and/or discounts have been applied is $25 or more.
- Coupons are acceptable for use on sale or clearance items.
Family Dollar does NOT ACCEPT coupons that:
- Are from other retailers.
- Are expired.
- Are for “free” items that do not require a purchase. We do accept coupons for items that are equal to or greater than the price of the item and reduce the price to free.
- Are manufacturer coupons that do not have a “remit to” address on the coupon.
- Are bottle caps.