Jelly Bean Rice Crispy Treats
Rice crispy treats are always a hit among young children (and adults, too!), but they’re even more popular when they’re filled with fun treats like jelly beans. These treats are easy to make and impress your guests with the surprises hidden inside. When making the eggs, be sure to coat the inside of the plastic eggs with plenty of pan spray to reduce sticking.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- pan spray as needed
- plastic eggs as needed
- jelly beans as needed
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat.
- Stir in the marshmallows and vanilla, constantly stirring until completely melted.
- Remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat, then stir in the rice crispy cereal. While the cereal mixture cools, open the plastic eggs and spray the insides with pan spray.
- After the cereal has cooled enough to be safely handled, fill the greased eggs with the cereal mixture. Before closing, hollow out the center and fill with jelly beans.
- Close the plastic eggs, sealing the rice crispy treat eggs.
- After the interior has firmed, open the plastic eggs and serve.