Kmart does not have a formal written coupon policy. We contacted Kmart/Sears corporate office regarding their acceptance of manufacturer coupons during a regular week (not a double coupon week) this is Kmart/Sears response:
Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings, and allowing us the opportunity to address your concern regarding your recent experience. We apologize but we do not have a coupon policy. We can only suggest that you consult your local retail store regarding our accepting coupons, as they are accepted at the discretion of management.
Thank you for choosing Sears Holdings. We appreciate your business and
value you as a customer.
Sears Holdings Corporation
We do know that Kmart accepts manufacturer coupons, but the policy can vary from store to store. Check with your local store to verify their specific coupon policy. Below are the coupon policies we have found in writing for Kmart in regard to their double coupon events and print at home, internet coupons.
Kmart Print-at-Home Internet Coupon Acceptance Policy
Effective March 1, 2009 Kmart will accept industry-standard, secure print-at-home coupons. This will provide additional benefits and incentives to our customers to help them save their money at Kmart.
Due to the continuing shift in utilizing online facilities, allowing the redemption of print at home coupons is becoming a larger more important aspect to the budget wise customer. But there is a significant risk in fraudulent alerted coupons. It is critical that the following guidelines be understood and followed to identify coupons that will not be accepted by the Kmart register operators.
- Kmart can only accept print-at-home coupons if they scan properly at checkout.
- Legitimate printable coupons are delivered using special software designed to print a properly rendered barcode on the coupon and limit the number of coupons printed. If the coupon does not scan properly it cannot be accepted.
- Kmart will not accept coupons for more than about 75% of a product’s value; for example, a $2 off coupon for a product that sells for $2.25 is unlikely to be legitimate. If there are exceptions, Kmart is usually provided advance notice by the manufacturer.
- Coupons will be rejected if they appear distorted or blurry, altered in any way, or are obvious duplicates.
- Kmart will not accept ” FREE product” (no purchase required) print-at-home coupons.
Kmart Double Coupon Acceptance Policy
(only during select times)Double Manufacturer Coupons up to & including $1 value with purchase of $25 or more in grocery & drugstore merchandise.
- Participating stores only
- You must have Shop Your Way Rewards card
- Amount of credit from doubling a coupon cannot exceed the current retail price of a single item.
- No cash or in-store purchase credit will be awarded for any amount exceeding the retail price of the item.
- Limit 1 coupon for each item purchased.
- Only 1 coupon will be doubled per item.
- You may only purchase 4 of the same item using double coupons.
- Excludes Buy One, Get One offers, Kmart Savings coupons and Kmart Store coupons.
- Coupons do not apply to sales tax.
- Limit 5 doubled coupons per customer per day.
- Offer excludes products prohibited by law, including but not limited to alcohol, tobacco, and prescription medication.
- Not valid on non-merchandise, federal or state regulated items, prior purchases, Lands End, Sears merchandise rung on Sears registers within Kmart and kmart.com.
- In the event of a return, coupon savings may be deducted from the refund.
- Exclusions apply. Please see store associate for details.
Sears Holdings (Kmart) reserves the right to modify or cancel this program at any time. Grocery and drugstore items include: all food items, health & beauty, baby diapers, household cleaning supplies, pet foods, detergents, paper
goods, shampoos and other beauty items, over the counter medicines such as : Tylenol, aspirin, etc.
*$25 threshold is BEFORE coupon redemption.